Wednesday, January 14, 2009

THUD.
Category: Parties and Nightlife

I took my older daughter rollerskating this evening for a school fundraiser. She has never really skated before so there were some tears...at first. I egged her on, coaxing her into getting back up each time and eventually she got the hang of it and the night got progressively more fun. I got hit on by the dad of her friend(YUCK! get a wife!), and watched kids skid by on their stomachs, backs, knees and even their heads in their aggressive attempts at rollerskating, and as I skated, weaving in and out between the sights and sounds of small bodies hitting polished wood with dull thuds, I realised that I am a damn good rollerskater...still. It was very nostalgic for me, and on the way home my daughter and I listened to kelly clarkson and I felt like a little girl again. I am glad that I have daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment