Wednesday, January 14, 2009

static in the brain
Category: Life

my mind is filled with fuzz, static electricity the ruler, causing all thoughts to just race back and forth, disjointedly, coming to the surface in fragments. it is times like these that I wish that I could switch it to OFF because there is no need for it to be ON. I find myself sitting on the porch, smoking cigarettes, wishing I weren't wishing I could think of something other than the fact that there is a dragonfly hovering about my ankles. all I can do is try to memorize it. memorize the shape of its wings knowing that it is the only way to let my mind go. let my heart turn off.. sometimes I do what I gotta do to get by. don't we all? am I the only one? I think not. we all must sit there from time to time feeling nothing. just watching the minutes tick, not thinking about the fact that our time is limited, we sit and breathe without a coherent thought in our brains, just waiting for that party, just waiting for sleep, just waiting for things to get better, just waiting...not a thought in our heads worth grasping. that is when time gets the best of us. the next thing we know, our hair is grey, sex is a thing of the past, our kids are grown up and our days are empty, thoughts about what we could have been if we focused a little better filling our head as though they are somehow relevant. they arent. now is what is relevant. now is the time to act. to think, to live. be a part of things and don't let the annoying static of everyday life get the best of us...I say this for my own sake for this my friends, is my public note to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment