Wednesday, January 14, 2009

david hasselhof?
Current mood: sleepy
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

my eyes still clogged with sleep I sit here at my computer. I am about to make eggs for the ladies and then run off to my goddamned physical therapy appointment but before then I want to relay a dream before I truly wake up. sort of about a friend whom I was supposed to call last night and I probably felt a bit guilty in not doing so...I was feeling ill I swear..

in the beginning I was going to go camping with my father and his family. to get there, I had to fly and then nobody was there to meet me at the airport. strangely, my dad no longer lived in san diego, he lived in san fransisco and I had to walk to his house. up and down the steep streets of the city, feeling tired and sad until I saw my stepsister and my mexican cousins at the top of the hill, my horizon. they stood there sneering at me, waiting for me to meet them but instead of greetng me and being happy to see me, they let me pass and then fell into step behind me, kicking me and punching me in the back as I walked.. there were three of them and everytime I would think to hit them, I would either miss or realise in fear that my dad would be disappointed when he saw the damage. none of this surprises me seeing as how this side of the family, always tortured me in my childhood. so I get there and everbody is fairly indifferent to my arrival, I sleep on the floor that night and then we pack up the car in the morning and head for the mountains. we are to camp in some caves up north and I am excited though when we get there, I am forced to sleep outside of the tent and I wake up to my dad trying to curl up next to me(i once went on a camping trip just like this and was forced to sleep in the front seat of a truck with my dad while my stepmom and her kids slept in the bed with a camper covering them and sleeping bags and pillows to sleep with.) at first I was happy until I realised that he was not my dad, he was some man who was trying to put his hand under my pajamas as he giggled on my neck in the dark. I froze in fear and then kicked him off and ran. through the woods and the darkness until I found the light of the city. there I got on a greyhound bus and rode back to my granmothers house. the house I grew up in ( I always dream of this place), it was there that my friend neal was apparently waiting for me, sitting on the porch, grinning. he had apparently just bought my neighbors old seventies nova and he was meeting david hasselhof and his wife there to go look at a house. he asked me if I wanted to go with him and seeing as how when I looked up to see if my grandmother was home, I saw somebody else in the window, somebody I did not know so I said yes. he made me drive, and the seat was too far back, and the steering column was too low down. david and his wife sat in the back and neal sat in the front, huffing and puffing evertime I fucked up with my driving. it was a dream, I could not drive I guess. finally, he directed me to pull into a fenced in lot on an abandoned industrial street where we immediately went in to this little one room house, with a giant bathroom and no kitchen. kinda like his house now, minus the kitchen and the bedroom. I turned to him to say something about it being smaller than his current house only to catch a glimpse through the window behind him. the fenced in lot housed hundreds of old speakers...big ones, small ones, amps, stereo speakers, you name it it was there. I turned to him in wonder only to see his eyes shining and his head nodding up and down. "I can play my music as loud as I want here" he said(he spins on turntables). "there is nobody to complain."..I cut in and pointed out that the speakers put off some sort of energy that seemed sort of welcoming and he said,"fuck yeah! and david hasselhof will be my landlord!" there is a little more random shit at this point but I think I will stop here. I just wrote this to amuse the friend in question and to get out my confusion over the first part of the dream. not my best but worth a second look..

No comments:

Post a Comment