Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paint is my Lithium
Current mood: nerdy
Category: Art and Photography

Things can be good but they can never be good enough unless there is a paintbrush in my hand. I try and I try yet nothing seems happy enough unless I can somehow catalogue it through images. If I don't use my ability to sift through the crap that we call emotions with art, then I go insane. I lose touch with my emotions and therefore control of my daily life. After each show this year, I thought to myself "self, you need to take a break and just feel. just feel everything in life fully, without immediately feeling the need to turn it over into handwrought images" yeah. right. I do that for three weeks, and I fall apart. The sadness takes over and I have no way of organizing it. no way of combating it. it just pours through me, twisting my body this way and that, contorting my lips to shape awful words til' I manage to completely alienate myself from all those around me.

Tonight I painted. I feel immensely better and more focused. Now I think to myself my response to the world that attacks me..."bring it." That is what I think I would say if anybody or anything cared to ask. haha! ha ha ha.

Insanity is bliss if at times, you are able to channel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment