Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A piece of me
Current mood: sad
Category: Life

So, this morning, june 13th, 2006 my grandmother, Connie Martinez passed away. Though I have not seen her in about 8 years, I cried real tears. I feel an irrevocable loss in my heart and in my soul. She has always been all things mexican, and all things familia that i have ever known. i do not know how to begin explaining this. she has always been the warrior in my heart and mind, the medecine woman in my veins, the mother of all mothers. I wish that I had had more time to know her and to love her and to hear all of her stories. a piece of my family is gone...I and my father, my grandfather, and my aunts and my uncles, and cousins...mourn the loss of a beautiful, strong mexican indian woman. I feel sadder than I ever could have anticipated. My heart cries in anguish over my fathers loss. I know he loved her more than anybody else in the family. I know he worshipped her the way a son should.

He had to have his wife call me to tell me the news. He was too sad to tell me.

sigh.

I never even got to tell her in spanish, how much she , and all of the family she has created, means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment