Wednesday, January 14, 2009

in the night
Current mood:protective

and when they wake, I hold them.

while painting, I hear a sound, a crying out for "my mommy!" I go in to find my small warm baby, tossing and turning, reaching out, eyes half mast, looking for solace. I lean in and pull her up in my arms, ready to cuddle, ready to rub my favorite little warm back.

Seeking to soothe the beast that has lied in wait for this little soul to sleep. Waiting to find a grasp in her subconscious, waiting to infiltrate sleep, to make its small captive writhe and turn in sleep, at her peak of vulnerability. Apparently it did not count on her Mommy, her saviour to come in the night, to come and save her with love. love from the hands, the breath, the voice. The mother soul coming to seek vengeance on darkness. Her instinct reaching out in darkness, knowing what to do. To reach in, lean in and gather her young close, dispelling the bad feelings. If only to save her from one more moment in her life.

I will cherish and respect this calling til' the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment