Wednesday, January 14, 2009

he golden elevator
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

my dreams are strange yet cohesive, my mind a tangled web of thought, knowledge and imagination. I woke up with the last shreds of my subconscious falling away, only to grab onto them for fear of losing them. this was one I wanted to remember. I was on a boat, travelling to the man made edge of the world. I was part of a research team that was attempting to stop the effects of global warming. There had been a brick wall built in an attempt to stop the water from rising. we thought that keeping some of the water at bay would help keep the water from rising up onto the continents. when the boat docked at a ledge about four feet wide that travelled for miles and miles, I looked up only to find that the wall was so high that it blotted out the sun and the end of it could not be discerned. I turned my gaze back out to the sea and beheld a cluster of islands and an expanse of glittering, turquoise ocean. where I stood it was dark, but out there, the sun was shining bright and hot. My companions and I started to walk down the ledge toward a door in the wall, we were there to meet the team who had been living there for the past three months. On the way, we encountered a large grey and black bird who was rather cute, but as I approached it, it puked up strands that looked like tongues or ribbons that were about six to seven feet long, they covered my body and felt sticky like a sea anenome, at that moment I heard the door in the wall open and a hand grabbed my arm pulling me in and away from the creature and its probing tongues. the rest of my team was already inside and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room, I saw all kinds of wires and machines, in the middle of the room and at the far end of the room on the righthand side, there was what seemed to be an elevator with gold sliding doors. I sat there for a while, talking with my colleagues...one in particular caught my interest. He was a handsome dark haired man who seemed intelligent and engaging with clear blue eyes. he wore dark fitted jeans and a grey sweater. somehow everything else fell away and he and I were leaning in for a kiss. Suddenly he opened his mouth and the things that came from the birds mouth outside, came from his. they wrapped around me in a way that was pleasurable but disconcerting. I found myself giving in because the feeling of vertigo that I was left with was just too strong. At that point, I started to focus on the others around me and overheard a conversation they were having about the elevator. Apparently the elevator had the ability to take you from one part of the world to the next, depending on which button you pushed. the idea of this was just too overwhelming for me to resist, so I turned, breaking away from the man only to realise that he was the grey and black bird I had met outside. suddenly scared, I began to run toward the golden elevator doors, the only bright thing in this dark dismal room, I pushed the button and doors opened revealing what looked like a regular elevator with a young woman standing inside. she was dressed in a business suit and heels. she held the door for me and I ran inside feeling relief as the door closed behind me. she asked me where I wanted to go and I told her I did not know, maybe the mountains, and she told me she was on her way to the city and proceeded to push a bunch of buttons and the elevator began to move. it moved quickly, making my stomach drop and it seemed to descend for quite a long time, ten minutes at least. suddenly she pushed a button and the doors opened...we were between floors? there was a forest below and a city above complete with people walking around(we could see their feet) and car horns honking. I could hear the chirping of birds and felt confused and scared. I looked closer and saw that between the two worlds was nothing but space and stars. I stood frozen as the woman panicked and ran out into the forest, her high heels sinking down into the earth, she was stuck and that was when I spied the mountain lion behind her. My heart starting pounding as I jammed buttons frantically trying to get the doors to close. that was when my alarm went off. thankfully. I really did not want to see what happened in this dream. I could only imagine it would've been gruesome. sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment