Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Breathing underwater
Current mood: curious
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

My dream was wack as hell last night/this morning. I actually did not get to finish it which saddens me.
I dreamed that I was walking out on a cement pier on a lake that sloped downward and then flattened out when it got out on the water.
as I got closer to the end, I could see the green water lapping up over the edges, eroding away the cement. as I looked down, the pier began to crack and sigh...I could not see it but I could feel it and hear it.
I ran back up the pier to get away and think. for some reason I felt that this was significant. I came back, armed with a rope and some apples and as I got closer to the part where the pier flattens out, I noticed that my son(apparently I had a son), was out there at the edge with a police officer that looked suspiciously like chief wiggham. as I got nearer, the officer looked up and said that we had to get off the pier immediately, that my son would not budge even though for his own good, he needed to. I made my way to them and grabbed my son by the arm. he was soft, about seven years old and a bit chubby with brown eyes and a dumb expression and it was then that I realised that he was not very bright. I felt the cracking beneath my feet again and this time, when I looked down, I could actually SEE where it was tearing apart.. I turned to run, hefting my backpack full of rope and apples, my hand wrapped around the top of the boys arm, chief wiggham pushing past me...we made our way to the part of the pier where it slopes upward and right before our feet hit the safety of land, the pier began to lift up, tilting toward the water, the safety of land becoming a speck beneath us, I felt the officer roll past us as I gripped my sons arm tightly, while trying to gain a hold on the lip of the pier, trying desparately to find someplace to tie my rope. the pier kept tilting til finally it was completely vertical and I was left to dangle, holding on for dear life to the child below me, who was strangely mute and then suddenly I realised I had not a chance in hell as the cement slab started to crash down toward the water and I had to let go and fall in to the water. I remember the falling, looking over at the boy I realised that he had the most serene look on his face while I was left gulping for breath, trying to scream, trying to find purchase on the rough cement wall that was once the pier. Together we crashed into the water and landed on a piece of rock that was descending down into the depths I looked up in panic to realise that the wall was above us, pushing down, blocking out the light. We did not have a chance. that was when I realised that I was breathing. I was breathing water. I looked over at my son to see if he too could breathe, only to realise that I was him and he was me. what I was seeing was myself, breathing out bubbles, struggling against the water. I looked up to see the dying chief wiggham, still flailing about in his death throes...he too was unable to breathe. I reached over to my struggling self to tell myself to calm down and let the water become your air. myself looked at me and nodded, breathing in, face relaxing, hand reaching over to grip mine, we sunk in silence, the green water closing in around us, the sky above blotted out as a light blinked on from below, gaining strength and then...I woke up. fuckin lame. I have no idea what the apples were for.

No comments:

Post a Comment