Monday, August 1, 2011

I dream of water

You know a lot of people dream about flying but me? I dream about water. never flying. In fact, just this morning(during my post sleep nap), I dreamed that I had a mini airplane that actually flew. It was red and soft plastic and fit two people. I made my daughter sit in the front and I squeezed my fat ass in the back. I turned on the engine and we sped down the driveway preparing for lift off. of course, seeing how this was MY dream, it never made it off the ground. Instead, it got stopped by A large Phish van pulling into the driveway of the neighbors house three doors down. I then realized that they were unloading musical equipment into the house. Seeing as how the house that I was living in was my parents house, I freaked out thinking that my parents were in no way going to go for the noise that a giant hippy party would produce. I abandoned my little airplane and went over to tell them this but realized that my step dad was already there...yelling. as usual. It was then that I realized that there would be lots of beer and pot and I told him so and all was well. We decided to go to the party. we walked in and found that the entire house was underwater for the party. There were rivers flowing down hallways, and ambient light pulsating from the ceilings. We made our way to the back yard and found it to be transformed into a lake, with water pouring off the balconies of the house, cascading into the lake below. There was a stage in the middle of all this and people were just swimming around and around as the band played. Due to the ambient light, all I saw were the shadows of these people. The only face that was made clear to me was my step dad's and he seemed elated. He always did like to swim...and drink beer and party.
Why am writing this one down? Only because I find it interesting that in this dream, there was the option to fly and I chose to swim. I dream of water constantly as any of you who have read these posts would know but never flying and I guess this dream was no different. I am destined to stay rooted to the earth, choosing to indulge in all the things that it has to offer. Mmmm. Water. One day? when I am rich? I shall invest my millions in a house that has a moat and a glass indoor swimming pool that borders my living room so that I can watch people swimming while I read my book or paint my paintings. Or better yet, so I can swim and peep into my living room, and catch a glimpse of an underwater world like the ones in my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment